I’ve seen quite a few people do the 2015 End of the Year Survey hosted by Jamie over at Perpetual Page Turner. This is my first year blogging so this is my first end of the year wrap up, I plan on stopping by a couple blogs to see what others have said in their survey.
Number Of Books You Read: 142
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Number Of Pages Read: 28,098
Average Length: 236
Average Goodreads Rating: 3.9
Genre You Read The Most From: New Adult, maybe?
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
I have read good books in 2015 but I’d have to say one of my top favorites would be.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Everyone was raving about this one and I just didn’t enjoy it as much as others.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best series started: You are mine by Janeal Falor
Best Sequel: Into Pieces by Nicole Banks
Best Series Ender: Impossible End by Sybil Bartel
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Almost all 2015 authors were new to me. I participated in Top Ten Tuesday and shared with you some of my favorites and you can find it here.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I have to say I really didn’t read many books that were out of my comfort zone. I should really change that in 2016.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
There are tons of books I’d love to reread in 2015 but I would like read How to love now that I have a physical copy.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
Really just one? I have so many. But one of my favorites that I cannot wait to own physically would be:
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Jude from I’ll Give You the Sun. I just loved her so much.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
I absolutely cannot wait to own a physical copy of I’ll Give You the Sun.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
It really made me think of just how many people are sitting in jail completely innocent of a crime they did not commit.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Broken Love and Forever Bound series was just extremely graphic and I’m surprised I even finished the duet. I thought the author had some really good ideas but they poorly executed.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The bromance between Wes and August is one of my favorite friendships out there.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Melissa recommended Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe to me and I cannot thank her enough for it.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
I have so many! Angel is one of my top fictional crushes but you can read my Top 15 Book Boyfriends of the Year.
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Loving Lucas made me the most mad and I didn’t like it nor did I finish it.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
I barely started my blog this year so every blog that I discovered was new to me.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
I would have to say my review of Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My discussion on “To DNF or Not to DNF? That is the question.” was pretty popular and had the most participation in my discussions.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I participated in Armchair BEA and absolutely loved it. I plan on participating in 2016.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I was in the acknowledgements of Into Pieces by Nicole Banks, Sacrifice by Adriana Locke (My instagram) and I was quoted from my review of Side by Side by Wendy Louise in her Forever is Yours book.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Finding the balance! Sometimes I feel like I’m too focused on reading a certain amount of books, getting content up on the blog and not enough time with the family or vice versa. In 2016 I’d love to find a happy medium between to the two.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
ABEA 2015: Book to Movie Adaptations was my most viewed post on the blog this year.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I wish my post on being a literary polygamist or literary monogamist had gotten just a little bit more love.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Thriftbooks.com I have a whole book haul coming up on the blog. Seriously this site is AMAZING.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I really only set one challenge which was to read a 100 books and I completed it.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
There were so many books I didn’t get to in 2015 that I’d love to get in 2016. I plan on doing a whole post about it soon. But if you are going to make me pick it would be:
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
For blogging, I’d love to grow my blog. I want to write more reviews and more discussions. For reading: I would love to reach my reading goal and complete all my challenges.
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven’t read any yet but I do have a couple ARCs for the 2016 releases that I am really excited to read and review.