Hey Everyone! Welcome to my first annual 25 Days of Holiday Cheer! The idea for 25 Days of Holiday came to me during late October, I wanted it to be similar to Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas only on a blog and having a variety of bloggers from across the blogosphere.
Starting today until Christmas you will see a variety of bloggers talking about anything Holiday related. I felt like we could really use the Holiday spirit around the blogosphere so I hope you enjoy my event. I’m hoping to bring it back in 2017.
Today, I am kicking off 25 Days of Holiday Cheer with my very own post. I thought about doing a post about why I love the Grinch or why I relate to the Grinch but I saw that Buzzfeed beat me to it. So instead I’m doing the Grinch book tag that I’m sure I did last year but I decided to do it again.
The Grinch Book tag was created by Thoughts of Tomes .
1. Half of the lights on the Christmas tree are burnt out : Name a book/series/character that started out good but then went downhill.
Legend Series by Marie Lu was a series I heard such good things about and finally decided to dive in during the summer. It started out really strong and I absolutely loved the first book but it slowly went downhill in the second book and finally just crashed and burned. I plan on reading the Young Elites series soon and I’ll let you guys know which one I would recommend or if I would recommend any of them.
2. Annoying Great Aunt Sally who will not leave you alone : Name a book that you didn’t enjoy, but everyone else seems to love so it never goes away.
I had a lot of issues with Something in Between and I ended up DNFing it. For me, it was too unrealistic and the main character was really annoying.
3. Your pets keep knocking over the Christmas decoration : Name a character that kept messing things up for everyone else (can’t pick a villain!)
Aaryn was the first character that came to mind when I saw this question. His intentions were absolutely honorable and he did try his best to make things right out of the goodness of his heart but it just wasn’t working out in anyone’s favor.
4. You hear your parents putting out the presents and learn Santa isn’t real: Name a book you were spoiled for.
The only book I was really spoiled for was Mockingjay. I had posted on IG that I was reading Mockingjay and someone on IG spoiled it for me. I was pissed and blocked them.
5. It’s freezing outside: Name a main character you just couldn’t connect with.
Nanette was a character I could not connect with at all. I had actually written a review entirely in 3rd person but my computer deleted it. I was really disappointed. Anyway, I couldn’t connect with Nanette and I don’t recommend this book at all.
6. Mariah Carey’s ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ and it’s giving you anti-romantic feelings : Name a couple you couldn’t stand.
Corinne Anderson and Everett Harden from Falling in Fiji. This has to be one of the most annoying couples I have ever read. Every time Everett would ask Corinne something it was always asked like this “What would you like to eat, Corinne Anderson?”. ANNOYING.
7. That scratchy homemade wool sweater you got for Christmas years ago but won’t get rid of : show some books that have been sitting on your shelves for a while, and you aren’t motivated to read, but you don’t have the heart to get rid of.
I have many books on my shelf that I haven’t gotten rid even though I know I probably won’t ever read them. These two really came to mind. I actually DNFed these years ago and I have had no desire to ever read them again but there they are sitting on my shelf.
8. Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer: Name a character death you still are mad about (warn people for spoilers! You can also use TV or movie deaths).
Adriana Locke already knows that I’m sending her my bill for therapy because after a specific character’s death, I was completely heartbroken. Major shout out to Jenny Rose from Reads by Rose because she dealt with all my emotions while I read WIS.
9. The malls are overly crowded with holiday shoppers: Name a series that has too many books in it/went on too long.
Rosemary Beach series is 13 books long. That’s a lot of books. I have read up to book 11? I love long series and Rosemary Beach is my guilty pleasure. My only complaint was that I didn’t see why some characters got books and others didn’t. It didn’t make any sense to me.
10. The Grinch : Name a main character you HATE (No villians again!)
Hailey from Prove Me Wrong. I absolutely did not agree with any of her decisions and I could never deny my child. I think that was my biggest issue with Hailey.