Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish. The topic for this week is Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist. (Yes, the title of the post is from Dragon Tales. If you don’t remember that show or never heard of it, that will either make me feel really old or really sad).
Today I’m going to share with you some of the things on my Reading Wishlist and if you know any books that fit what I’m looking for LET ME KNOW!
1. Mexican American Characters (who actually speak English and Spanish) but that does not have the stereotypical party girl or drug dealer older brother. I was never a party girl so I feel like I don’t live up to the stereotype. Unfortunately my brother does live up to his but we can’t win them all. *shrugs*
2. Teenage Pregnancy – I’m a teenage mother, most of my friends are teenage mothers and I would like to read more books with this. I feel like sex is kind of a taboo when it comes to teenagers and I think it should be discussed.
3. Stay at Home Moms – I was a stay at home mom for almost three years so I would like to read more stories about stay at home moms.
4. Ghost stories – I’m scared of almost everything except for ghosts and spirits so like I want to read more these.
5. Witchcraft probably Mexican witchcraft – I would love like a Mexican Charmed edition for a book or something along those lines.
6. A Book about writers – I guess the best way to say this would be like a book inside of a book so a character is writing a book while the author is writing the story. Does that make sense?
7. Basketball romance – I live for basketball especially college basketball. I can name like two books with basketball and I don’t understand why it doesn’t get any love!
8. Baseball romance books with Latinx Characters – baseball is played by a majority of latinx players yet all the baseball books I read are white characters.
9. More books set in the 90s. – I use to be in chat rooms and message boards when I was younger. And to this day I still communicate with most of the people I talked to in those chatrooms and message boards! I’d like something like that.
10. More bromances – I would love to read more bromances. I feel like there is a ton of female friendships but not enough bromances? WHY?