Posted July 8, 2017 by Tina in As Told by Tina / 6 Comments
I’ve been seeing the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag on Youtube and decided to do it here on the blog. The tag was created by Chami and Ely.
Consider yourself tagged. I’d love to read your answers.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2017.
I really enjoyed the sequel to Paper Princess. I was extremely addicted to this series.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
I’m planning on reading The Inexplicable Logic Of My Life this month and I plan on taking pictures of any of the places that are mentioned throughout the book.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
| Goodreads |
I really want an ARC of this one for an #ownvoices review. But either way, I can’t wait to read this.
5. Biggest disappointment.
I actually DNFed this one. I thought it was really lame and nothing like the Flintstones I know and love.
6. Biggest surprise.
Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata! I wasn’t expecting to love this book as much as I did. It was the perfect slow burn romance.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Mariana Zapata. I totally understand all the hype around her books
8. Newest fictional crush.
Rock from the Sea Breeze Series. I absolutely loved him. He was amazing and oh so sweet.
9. Newest favourite character.
Easton! NEXT MONTH HIS BOOK COMES OUT. You’ll definitely see a review of it on here.
10. Book that made you cry.
It takes a lot to make me cry. But The part where Mayte explains her pregnancy, and the birth of her son and everything she went through after he passed. I’m a mother so I just couldn’t even begin to imagine her pain.
11. Book that made you happy.
I loved Ruby and Aaron’s banter.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year.
I really enjoyed the live version of Beauty and The Beast. But other then that, I haven’t seen many book to film adaptations this year.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)
I was really proud of my THUG by Angie Thomas Review
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
I’ve always loved Sarah Dessen covers but I really love the simplicity and the beauty of this one.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
There are so many books I want to read by the end of the year that I think I’ll make a post about it later on this month because there’s a ton I want to get to and I want your help deciding which ones to prioritize.
So tell me, do we share some of the same books? Consider yourself tagged and I’d love to read your answers.