Welcome to the 2018 #LetsReadIndie Challenge! RaeAnne and I created this challenge this year because we wanted to read more Indie authors and also support them! Unfortunately, RaeAnne will not be hosting this year, she is incredibly busy with her subscription box ScribeKit that is specifically for writers. I’m taking over all hosting duties so this challenge is going to be very simple and I hope you join me.
The #LetsReadIndie 2018 Challenge
The challenge is just to read as many Indie authors as you’d like. If you just want to read 1 indie book in 2018, GO FOR IT! I also encourage you to please leave reviews for the books you do read, as you know indie authors gain more exposure the more reviews their books have! This is just an encouragement not a requirement.
When does the challenge begin?
The challenge begins on January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
What is considered an indie book for this challenge?
Of course, I’m considering the typical self-published author towards the challenge. I am also counting books published by small indie publishers towards the challenge. You can find a list of some of the indie publishers here.
The Guidelines for #LetsReadIndie 2018 Challenge
- The challenge begins on January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
- All books must be indie to count towards this challenge. If you need help finding what is considered an indie book, you can check out the goodreads list here.
- You do not have to leave a review for any of the books you read but it is definitely encouraged. Indie authors need reviews to reach more readers so if you really love the book, please leave a review. It’ll make the author’s day!
- Choose your level! (You can go up a level and you may lower the level if you feel like you may not be able to complete the challenge).
The levels are as follow:
Level 1 – 1-10
Level 2 – 11-20
Level 3 – 21-30
Level 4 – 31-40
Level 5 – 41-50
Level 6 – 51 +
- It does not matter the genre as long as its indie. And picture books count as well!
- You can totally set a TBR if you want to or a goodreads shelf. It’s not mandatory but if you’d like to go for it and tag me so I can see your TBR! If you find that you did make a TBR and a book no longer interests you, you are more then welcome to take the title off your TBR and add new ones. I ENCOURAGE IT.
- Books can be in any format! (Audio, physical, ARCs, eBooks all count!).
- You are absolutely encourage to crossover any books you may read for #LetsReadIndie for another challenge!
- You don’t need a blog to sign up! You can sign up via twitter, tumblr, instagram, goodreads, a blog. If you do sign up via twitter, tumblr or instagram use the hashtag #LetsReadIndie so I can keep up with your reading!
- To sign up you can link up a sign up post down below, and like I mentioned you can link up an instagram, tumblr, goodreads too!
Grab The #LetsReadindie Button
I hope you’ll join me in this challenge! I also hope to have twitter chats and instagram challenges and all that will posted on the #letsReadIndie page. I also plan to find a way to promote indie authors, last year I tried to promote a different author every week but it got to be a little bit stressful so I had to stop. So stay tuned! The sign up link is down below and I truly hope you join me!