Top Ten Tuesday is one of my favorite memes and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week we’re giving a each prompt and you make a list! This week the prompt is My Bookish Resolutions and Goals.
My Bookish Resolutions and Goals
I divided these up into categories.
- Write and Post 52 Reviews
- Redesign the whole blog
- Comment Back In A Timely Manner
- Blog Hop At Least Once A Week
- Finish Indexing 2015 Reviews
- Finish Indexing 2016 Reviews
- Update Pages Monthly
- Cross Post Reviews Once a Month
Last year, I only wrote 30 something reviews, so my goal is to write a review once a week. I can do it, right? I’m already behind but that’s okay. I’ll catch up. I’m looking to redesign my blog, I already have everything I just you know need someone with talent to help me. And preferably can work with my budget and/or takes payment plans.
- Read whatever I want, when I want.
- Read more of my own books (physical, ebook and audiobooks)
- Use my kindle subscription (read at least 1-2 books a month)
- Read all my #MyTBRList books and review
- Read in Spanish more
- Read More my Netgalley & Edelweiss shelf
- Keep my Netgalley percentage above 80%
- Read all the Rainbow Book club BOTM & review them
- Complete most of my reading challenges (at least 9 of them)
- Read more New Adult and Adult books
I haven’t bought many books as I did when I first started blogging. But there are still a ton of books I own that haven’t read it. I want to focus on those before buying new ones. I also want to use my kindle unlimited, some months I feel like I’m wasting $9.99 a month for something I’m not really using so my goal this year is to actually use it. I’m going to use a page that you can find here to track my Kindle Unlimited reads. I also want to read more in Spanish, my kids checked out some books in spanish and I am having the hardest time trying to read, like they say if you don’t use it you lose it. I’m working on it! I’m also going to be focusing on more New Adult and Adult books from here on out and I may do a post about my decision but we’ll see.
- Finish 1 Manuscript
- Outline 2 projects
- Work on Short Stories
- Share My Writing on The Blog
- Share (Create) a Twitter Thread for my WIP.
- Complete Camp NanoWriMo in April
- Complete Camp Nanowrimo in July
- Complete NanoWriMo in November
I’ve been trying for TWO years to finish my Border Brujas Manuscript. The problem? I have too many ideas and like I can’t make them work together. (The Border Brujas is basically kind of like Charmed meets Mexican Folk Tales but of course, with twists). I wanted to write about three sisters who were going to defeat the Mexican Folk Tales but when I began writing La Llorona (The Weeping Woman *I think that’s what you’d call her in English*) wouldn’t shut up and she wanted me to tell her story. So I feel like this is going to be her story and I’m pretty excited about finishing it. I’m going to force myself to do monthly updates on the blog so ya’ll can keep me accountable.
I also have so many other story ideas so I really want to outline them before I forget them or at least write a basic idea and see which one sparks my interest. The same goes for my short stories. I really want to get back into writing.
And there you have it! My Bookish Resolutions mainly goals because resolutions are hard for me to keep. What are some of your goals? You can keep track of my progress here.