Welcome to the 2019 Reading Challenges listing! I wanted to create a listing with all of the 2019 reading challenges so if you are like me and like to challenge yourself. You can find a challenge that suits you best or join them all!
If you are hosting a reading challenge in 2019! Then please fill out the form here so that I can update the list!
2019 Reading Challenges
- 52 Books in 52 Weeks – attempt to read 52 books in 52 different categories! This challenge also includes a free printable.
- 2019 Reading Challenge – challenge yourself to read 300 books in 2019.
- A to Z Reading Challenge – read a book starting with every letter of the alphabet
- All About the Trope – Pick your trope then read…as many as you want.
- Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge – The Alphabet Soup Challenge means that by December 31, 2019 your bowls must be filled by one book for each letter of the Alphabet.
- Alphabet Soup – Author Edition Reading Challenge -Introducing the Alphabet Soup – Author Edition Reading Challenge! Start keeping track of your authors and by December 31, 2019 your bowls must be filled by one author for each letter of the Alphabet. Be sure to include the book title too.
- Around The Year In 52 Books – 52 books For 52 weeks
- Australian Women Writers Challenge – The challenge encourages avid readers and book bloggers, male and female, living in or outside Australia, to read and review books by Australian women throughout the year
- Aussie Author Challenge – The objective of this challenge is to showcase the quality and diversity of the books being produced by Australian authors
- Austenesque Lovers – challenge yourself to read more books by Austen, Austen related books etc.
- Backlist Reader Challenge – The Backlist Reader Challenge (#BacklistReader) encourages you to read all those older books that have been piling up on your TBR pile or list—not just the books you already own, but also the books you’ve wanted to read for a long time but haven’t gotten around to yet.
- Bad Boys Of Romance – read books that feature the bad boys of romance ex: the Mafia, assassins, the MCs, etc.
- Beat The Backlist – is all about knocking off those older books from your to-read list.
- Blog All About It – Basically there’s a word each month and any time during the month you can blog about that word. In any way you want. Review, recipe, photos, stories, etc.
- Blogger Shame – this is a way to cheekily catch up on review request copies that have been languishing on your review pile for at least 6 months and are way past due to the author or publisher
- Book Blog Discussion Challenge – want to challenge yourself to host more discussions on your blog? This is the challenge for you.
- Book Challenge 2019 – challenge yourself with a list of prompts to complete throughout 2019.
- Book Challenge by Erin – (this is a Facebook group) – This runs for 4 months and has various categories. (this sounds like a ton of fun).
- Booked Seasonal Reading Challenge – a year long reading challenge broken down by the seasons. There will be six prompts for each season for a total of 24 prompts spread across the year.
- Books ‘N’ Tunes – Love your tunes? Get a song stuck in your head after reading a book or maybe during? Maybe you create playlists for your favorite books, characters or series just like the authors. Then this might be the challenge for you.
- Brit Trip Adventure – Follow the Roman Road through England with the intent of reading a book from each of the 45 counties with a few extra trips to London.
- Calendar Of Crime – My Reader’s Block is pleased to present the brand-new Calendar of Crime Reading Challenge. Like the soon-to-be retired Follow the Clues, this is another reading challenge that will allow mystery readers to include any mystery regardless of publication date.
- Caly Reading Challenge – read a specific book each month.
- Canadian Book Challenge – the Canadian Book Challenge is an annual online reading challenge in which participants from Canada and around the world aim to read and review 13 or more Canadian books in a one year span: Canada Day to Canada Day.
- Charity Reading Challenge – Read for a good cause! Buy books at a charity shop, or, even a friends of the library book sale, or, donate a certain percentage of money for each book you read for the challenge.
- Children’s Classics Reading Challenge – a list of 12 classic Children’s books to read in 2019.
- Cloud of Witnesses – Read Christian Non Fiction who are “the cloud of witnesses” in other words have passed away. (a list of suggestions is also included.
- Color Coded – Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2019.
- Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge – read as many Contemporary Romance books as you’d like.
- Craving For Cozies – Feed your need to read cozy mysteries.
- Creativity Reading Challenge – This challenge is about reading books on creativity, art, crafts, writing, film making, photography, cosmetology, DIY, cooking, music and any other topic that helps you live a more creative life.
- Cruisin’ Thru The Cozies – read cozy mysteries of your choice.
- Dance Dance, Ramble Ramble 2019 Reading Challenge. – a challenge to bring you out of your comfort zones. This includes 25 categories.
- Dancing with Fantasy and Sci-Fi– The Challenge focuses on fantasy and sci-fi through prompts to fill with books. There are 3 sections and you can choose to do 1,2 or all 3 sections. Whatever best fits your reading year. There are also bingo cards to save and/or print to easier keep track of it all.
- Diversify Your Reading – Pick a book from one of the twelve genres each month. Choose a different genre each month That’s it! 12 books in 12 genres over 12 months.
- Diversity Reading Challenge (Novel Challenge Hosts This One) – challenge yourself to read more diversely!
- Diversity Reading Challenge – challenge yourself to read more diversely (this is very laid-back)
- Dresden Files Challenge – read all the Dresden Files books in a little over a year.
- Epistolary Reading Challenge – The challenge will be to read books written in the form of letters, diaries, blogs, e-mails and such, either completely or partially written this way.
- European Reading Challenge – participants tour Europe through books.
- Family Tree Reading Challenge – Love reading? Love family? Love researching family history? Want a family-friendly reading challenge?
- Fanfiction Reading Challenge – challenge yourself to read some fan fiction!
- Finishing The Series – This challenge is focused on finally finishing those series that you’ve started but not yet completed.
- Flexible Fifty Two – challenge yourself to read 52 books but also leaves room to squeeze in some impulse reads.
- For The Love Of Ebooks – a challenge to challenge you to read all those unread ebooks you own!
- Georgian Reading Challenge – challenge yourself to read more from the Georgian era.
- Golden Trio Reading Challenge – Flourish and Blotts wants you to choose your own reading challenge! Below is a list of 52 prompts! Complete as many as you like and see which golden trio member you are!
- The Good Rule Reading Challenge – a challenge to help you balance reading your newly acquired books and the books that have been sitting on your shelf for a while.
- #HBGReads – 13 prompts to inspire you for 2019.
- Hail The King – Read a Stephen King book each month in 2019 and share your thoughts on the book.
- Historical Fiction Reading Challenge – challenge yourself to read more Historical fiction.
- Humor Reading Challenge – Any book (fiction, nonfiction, memoirs, graphic novels, poetry collections, plays, picture books) labeled as humor counts.
- I Spy Reading Challenge – If you’re a reader who enjoys book hunting, perhaps this I Spy Challenge will add to your reading pleasure.
- Indie Challenge – read some books published by independent publishers
- Just The Facts, Ma’am – participants in the 2019 version of the Just the Facts, Ma’am Challenge will be playing detective. The objective is to answer all the important questions of Who, What, When, Where, How and Why to complete cases in either the Golden or Silver Mystery Eras (or for the more adventurous, both).
- Learn Something New – have you wanted to learn something new? Crochet? Knitting? Anything like that? Then join the Learn Something New challenge.
- #LetsReadIndie – If you want to read more self published or small indie published, join #LetsReadIndie today!
- Library Love – challenge yourself to use your library card more in 2019 and join the Library Love challenge today!
- Literary Escapes Challenge – Try to read 1 book set in each of the 50 states + the District of Columbia
- Literary Pickers Reading Challenge – This challenge is just a fun way to see if you can find a list of items as you read no matter what romance style you pick up. The reader picks and chooses how many books and what list items they want to find. It can be a commitment to ten reads a year or a hundred.
- Memoir Reading Challenge – challenge yourself to read more memoirs.
- Mental Health Reading Challenge – read more books with mental health.
- Middle Grade Reading Challenge – challenge yourself to read more Middle Grade books!
- Mood Reading Challenge – a challenge for those moody readers! (this sounds like a lot of fun!)
- Monthly Keyword Challenge – Your task is to read at least one book for each month whose title includes one or more of the key words for that month.
- Monthly Motif Challenge – For this challenge, each month of the year is assigned a motif or theme. Your task is to read one book per month that fits in with the assigned motifs
- Mount TBR Challenge – are you struggling to conquer your TBR? Do you keep buying books and now they’re collecting dust? If so, join Mount TBR Challenge!
- New Releases Challenge – is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2019.
- Netgalley & Edelweiss Reading Challenge – catch up on those review copies from either Netgalley or Edelweiss.
- Operation Deepen Faith – the challenge is to read the bible!
- Pick-a-theme Challenge – Pick-a-Theme is a 2019 Reading Challenge where you choose a theme each month and read books that fit that theme
- Picture Book Challenge – challenge yourself to read more picture books.
- Popsugar 2019 Challenge – the ultimate book reading challenge hosted by PopSugar.
- Print Only – A reading challenge to challenge you to dust off some of those books that have been sitting on your shelf waiting to be read.
- #PWOW Reading Challenge – This challenge has 30 prompts in total – 5 times 5 regular prompts and 5 bonus prompts.
- The Purrfect Reading Challenge – this challenge is all about reading mysteries that have cats as the main characters.
- The Ragdoll Reading Challenge – there are two editions to the challenge a light edition and a serious edition.
- Read It Again, Sam – do you want to re-read some of your favorite books? This is the challenge for you.
- Read My Name Reading Challenge – Read books with your first, middle or last name as an author name, character name, place name or is about someone of that name. You choose your goal # of books.
- Reading Challenge Addicts – are you addicted to reading challenges? if so, sign up today!
- Reading Women Challenge – All books read for this challenge must be by or about women.
- Review Writing Challenge – need motivation to write those reviews? Join Review Writing Challenge today (I seriously need this).
- Series Challenge – finish all those series you’ve started but haven’t finished yet.
- Series That Never…Ends Challenge – have you started a series and read most of it but the author keeps writing books and you haven’t caught up yet? This is the perfect challenge for that!
- Share-a-tea Reading Challenge – Love drinking tea? Love reading books? Love reading a book while drinking tea?
- Sirens Reading Challenge – Read fantasy written by women and non-binary authors.
- Untouched Bookshelf Challenge – the purpose of the challenge is to encourage its participants to read all the physical books they own.
- Victorian Reading Challenge – if you are interested in reading more Victorian literature, join this challenge. Challenge also includes bingo, and a checklist.
- Virtual Mount TBR Challenge – Have you had a book on your TBR for a long time but haven’t gotten around to it? Join the Virtual Mount TBR Challenge!
- Walter & Co Reading Challenge – Print out the list, pick out your twenty six books and get to reading!
- What An Animal Reading – challenge yourself to read more books featuring animals.
- When Are You Reading Challenge – read books set in different time periods!
- Where In Canada Are You Reading Challenge – a Canadian focused reading challenge.
- While I Was Reading – this reading challenge has categories to choose from!
- World At War – read books that are centered around war or during wartime. The challenge also includes a bingo card.
- Year Of Shakespeare – challenge yourself to read more Shakespeare!
- The Year Of Reading Women Writers – 2019 will be the year of women writers!