Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly discussion post hosted by Rainy Day Ramblings. Today’s discussion question is who are some of your favorite narrators? I am a huge lover of audiobooks and recently started to keep track of some of my favorite narrators so I’m going to share with you, my favorite narrators.
My Favorite Narrators
1. Bahni Turpin (The Hate U Give)
2. Alex McKenna (Every Day)
3. Laura Knight-Keating (To All The Boys I Loved Before)
4. Kyla Garcia (Next Year In Havana)
5. Will Patton (The Raven Cycle)
6. Santino Fontana (You)
7. Lin-Manuel Miranda (Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe)
8. Jim Dale (Harry Potter)
9. Carly Robins (The Kiss Quotient)
10. Emma Galvin (Divergent)
11. Tim Curry (A Series Of Unfortunate Events)
What Makes A Good Narrator?
I’ve listened to a lot of audiobooks and these are just some of my favorite narrators. I’ve come to realize I’m very picky about romance on audio. I haven’t found the right narrators for it. When it comes to fantasy, non-fiction, I’m not as picky. However, for me I think a good narrator is someone who can draw me into the story. Listening to audiobooks is no walk in the park. You have to really pay attention and I truly think a good narrator can make or break a story. I’ve found I don’t like a book as much if I didn’t like the narrator. So for me, a good narrator is so important.