This Week On: is where I recap blog posts, things I’m watching/listening to. I’ll also be sharing bits and pieces of my life outside the blog. I’ll be linking up The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer, Stacking The Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and Reading Reality, It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date and Book Blogger Hop by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer.
This Week I Read:
I am still in a reading slump.
- I am about 70% into Killing November and I am really enjoying it. I love the suspense. It is what I needed right now. I need about 3 hours on the audiobook.
- With the Fire On High – I am about 41% into this one. I am loving the story. I’m considering switching to the audiobook because I saw that Elizabeth narrated this one too.
- The Storm Runner– I was about 10 chapters in when my audiobook expired. So, I’m going to restart this one.
Up Next On My TBR
I have a couple blog tours coming up so I really need to get to Take It Off The Menu, Collision and Six Goodbyes We Never Said. I also plan on reading Blanca & Roja for Latinx Bookclub. And I plan on listening to my audiobook of Daisy Jones and the Six. I have the hardcover but I also wanted to listen to the audiobook because I heard it was really good.
This Week I Hauled.
I was chosen to be apart of the Unearthed blog tour. You will see my review at the end of September. I’m pretty excited to read this one. This isn’t the type of book that I would generally pick up but I loved the cover and I loved the synopsis so I figured,I would try it out.
This Week On As Told By Tina:
- [18 Aug] This Week On: I just want to read again.
- [21 Aug] Can’t Wait Wednesday | Husband Material by Emily Belden
Book Blogger Hop
There are many factors that go into deciding what I’ll read next. One of them is if I’m apart of a blog tour, I will prioritize that so I get my review up by the day of my tour stop. Second, Library books tend to take a bigger priority for me because of the days that I need to return them. I mainly borrow audiobooks from the library and most of the time, I tend to wait a long time for that audiobook so I will push aside the ARCs, and any other books I’m reading to get to my library books first. Third, sometimes I’m in a reading slump and one of the ways I’ve found was going to randomresult.com and putting a couple books I’m interested in and have the website pick which book I’m going to read. Last way I pick books, is I have the littles look at my kindle or my bookshelf and I have them decide what I’m going to read.
This Week I Watched:
- I’ve been marathoning Charmed since about last year. I’ve taken several breaks. I only need 16 episodes and I am done with the series. I’m kind of over it but I want to finish it and then watch the new Charmed and kind of see what I think about both.
- Leah Rimini: Scientology and the Aftermath – I’ve been a huge fan of the show and I finally watched the third season and I enjoyed some of it, some of the other episodes I was a bit bored.
- Top Chef Junior – so I marathoned EVERY episode of Top Chef last year (expect for season 16) so I decided to watch Top Chef Junior. I feel like I’m really behind in life, I can’t cook half of what these kids can. And I always end up snacking while watching.
Behind The Scenes Of As Told By Tina:
Little 3 had her first picture day. I found her a dress at Target for $5 in the clearance section. It was rainbow and super colorful which basically sums up Little 3’s personality. I basically begged her to smile because she is queen of not smiling to make me mad lol.
Little 2 lost a front tooth on Saturday and we noticed her other front tooth is very loose. She’s on a mission to get the other tooth out so the tooth fairy could bring her double the money. (SPOILER: The tooth fairy is broke.)
Little 1 is struggling at bit in school. His teacher is really into pushing the students to their highest potiential so they are writing essays and book reports at second grade. And he’s struggling. He’s always been ahead of his class so I feel like now that we found a teacher who does challenge him, he’s kind of lost.
I’ve been in a funk since everything that happened here in the beginning of August. But I feel like I’m slowly getting back on track. I’ve even planned out what I want to do in September blog wise so I’m really excited.I didn’t have a chance to blog hop last week but if you have any exciting posts, please link them so I can check them out.
Quote Of The Week: